STATE ELECTION COMMISSION
Dated Aizawl, the 9th October, 2019
As provided under section 126-A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 and in line with the notification issued by the Election Commission of India on 7.4.2019, the result of opinion/exit polls carried out at any time, should not be published, publicized or disseminated in any manner, whatsoever, by print, electronic or any media during the period of 48 hours ending with the hour fixed for conclusion of poll.
In the current General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019, poll is scheduled to be held on 5th November, 2019 (Tuesday) and the hour fixed for conclusion of Poll is 4:00 PM. Therefore, the period during which results of opinion/exit polls are not to be published/disseminated shall start from 4:00 PM of 03.11.2019 and shall end at 4:00 PM of 05.11.2019.
It is further explained that-
a) ‘Electronic Media’ includes Radio and Television – both Government owned and Private, and covers satellite/DTH, Terrestrial and cable channels.
b) ‘Dissemination’ includes publication in any newspaper, magazine or periodical, or display on electronic media, or circulation by means of any pamphlet, poster, placard, handbill and any other documents.
Sd/- L. TOCHHONG
State Election Commissioner
Memo No.B.12015/1/2019-SEC/SHC/8 : Dated Aizawl, the 9th October, 2019
1. Deputy Commissioner & District Election Officer, Aizawl/Kolasib District, for favour of information and necessary action.
2. All Election Observers for General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019.
2. All Returning Officers & Asst. Returning Officers for favour of information and necessary action.
3. Director, I&PR Department for favour of wide publicity.
4. The Superintendent of Police, Aizawl/Kolasib District for favour of information and necessary action.
5. Chairman/General Secretary i/c Election all Political Parties for favour of information and compliance.
Sd/- TERESY VANLALHRUAII
State Election Commission,