STATE ELECTION COMMISSION
Dated Aizawl, the 1st October, 2019
WHEREAS, the State Election Commission, Mizoram has prescribed Model Code of Conduct for observance by the political parties, candidates and persons holding high public offices for the ensuing First General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019; and
WHEREAS, the Commission feels that there has been necessity for imposing restrictions on the activities of the Government servants within Sinlung Hills Council during enforcement of Model Code of Conduct, i.e. from the date of announcement of election till the date of announcement of the Results.
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred under Article 243ZA of the Constitution of India read with sub-rule (1) of Rule 3 of the Mizoram (Election to Sinlung Hills Council) Rules, 2019, the State Election Commission, Mizoram hereby orders that a Government servant holding office in State Government, Central Government, Public Sector Enterprise of State or Central Government, Statutory Bodies getting financial assistance from the Government will come under the preview of the Code of Conduct for observance by the Government servants as follows:-
(1) A Government servant shall remain absolutely impartial during the election and he/she shall not indulge in any campaigning activities for or against any contesting candidate or political party;
(2) No Government servant shall subscribe in aid of, or assist in any way, any candidate;
(3) The Government servant shall not himself speak at or take active and prominent part in organizing or conducting the meeting;
(4) No Government servant should accompany a Minister or such other political functionaries for electioneering;
(5) No Government servant should attend any political meeting except those who are in-charge of maintenance of law and order or those deployed for security duties;
(6) Police Officials engaged in law and order duties shall not be construed as participating in the meeting of any candidate;
(7) While dealing with different political parties in day to day official transaction each Government servant shall maintain absolute neutrality. While registering cases on complaint filed by different political groups or contesting candidates or their supporters, police will take prompt steps in most impartial manner;
(8) Violation of Code of Conduct by any Government servant will make himself/herself liable to disciplinary proceeding under the provisions of the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965.
By order, etc.,
Sd/- TERESY VANLALHRUAII
State Election Commission,
Memo No.B.12015/1/2019-SEC/SHC/3 : Dated Aizawl, the 1st October, 2019
1) Secretary to the Governor for kind information of the Hon’ble Governor of Mizoram
2) Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Mizoram, for information of the Hon’ble Chief Minister.
3) P.S. to Speaker, Mizoram Legislative Assembly.
4) P.S. to Deputy Chief Minister and all Ministers, for kind information.
5) P.S. to Deputy Speaker & Ministers of State.
6) Sr. P.P.S to Chief Secretary, Government of Mizoram, for information.
7) P.P.S to Chief Electoral Officer, Mizoram, for information.
8) Commissioner & Secretary, General Administration Department, for information.
9) Secretary, Sinlung Hills Council, for kind information.
10) Deputy Commissioner & District Election Officer, Aizawl/Kolasib District, for information and necessary action.
11) Development Officer, Sinlung Hills Council, for kind information.
12) The Director, I&PR Department, for favour of information and wide publicity.
13) The Chairman/General Secretary, i/c Election, BJP/INC/MNF/MPC/ZPM, Mizoram, for information and strict compliance.
State Election Commission,