STATE ELECTION COMMISSION
Dated Aizawl, the 1st October, 2019
In exercise of the powers conferred under Article 243ZA of the Constitution of India read with sub-rule (1) of Rule 3 of the Mizoram (Election to Sinlung Hills Council) Rules, 2019, the State Election Commission hereby, issues Model Code of Conduct for the guidance of Political Parties and Candidates during the First General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019 which shall come into operation with effect from the date of announcement of Election and the same shall remain in force till such time the election process is completed.
In addition to the above, the Commission hereby issues the following instructions for compliance of all concerned during the ensuing General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019 –
1) No recruitment/appointment process in Government Departments / Public Undertaking Corporations within Sinlung Hills Council should be initiated or made which invariably includes written test, personal interview and selection of candidates excepting cases dealt with by the State Public Service Commission, without prior clearance of the State Election Commission, Mizoram.
2) No transfer and posting in respect of officers/officials should be made during the operation of the Model Code of Conduct within Sinlung Hills Council. In the case of transfer orders already issued prior to the date of announcement of election to Sinlung Hills Council but not implemented till the time when Model Code of Conduct came into effect, should not be given effect to without obtaining specific written permission from the State Election Commission, Mizoram.
3) In such case where transfer of an officer/official is considered necessary on account of administrative exigencies in public interest, the department concerned, with full justification approach the Commission for clearance.
All Administrative Departments are expected to cooperate with the State Election Commission in its onerous duty of conducting free and fair General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019. Violation of any of the above will be seriously viewed by the State Election Commission, Mizoram.
By order, etc.,
Sd/- TERESY VANLALHRUAII
State Election Commission,
Memo No.B.12015/1/2019-SEC/SHC/2 : Dated Aizawl, the 1st October, 2019
1. The Secretary to Governor of Mizoram for kind information of the Hon’ble Governor.
2. P.S to Hon’ble Chief Minister for kind information.
3. P.S to Minister, General Administration Department for kind information.
4. Sr. P.P.S to Chief Secretary for kind information.
5. P.P.S to Chief Electoral Officer, Mizoram for kind information.
6. The Secretary, General Administration Department for kind information.
7. The Secretary, Sinlung Hills Council for kind information.
8. District Election Officer & Deputy Commissioner, Aizawl/Kolasib District for information and necessary action.
9. Chairman/General Secretary, i/c Election, BJP/ MNF/ MPC/ MPCC/ ZPM for information and strict compliance.
10. Guard file.
State Election Commission,