STATE ELECTION COMMISSION
Dated Aizawl, the 9th October, 2019
Subject: Restriction on number of vehicles and people at the time of filing and scrutiny of nominations.
Whereas the State Election Commission is of the view that a large number of vehicles and people accompanying some of the candidates at the time of filing of nominations and scrutiny of nominations may cause serious concern about general order in the office of the Returning Officer for the First General Election to Sinlung hills Council, 2019. Keeping this in view, the Commission hereby orders that the maximum number of vehicles to be allowed to come within a periphery of 100 metres of the Returning Officer’s office is restricted to 2 (two) per candidate and the maximum number of persons that can be allowed to enter the office of the Returning Officer at the time of filing of nomination and scrutiny of nomination is also limited to 4 (four) viz. the candidate, an election agent, one proposer of each candidate and one other person duly authorized by each candidate, and no other persons.
Any violation to this order at the time of filing of nomination papers and scrutiny of nominations will be seriously viewed by the Commission and action will be taken against the candidate or his party responsible for violation.
Sd/- L. TOCHHONG
State Election Commissioner,
Memo No.B.12015/1/2019-SEC/SHC/4 : Dated Aizawl, the 9th October, 2019
1) The Deputy Commissioner & District Election Officer, Aizawl/Kolasib District for favour of information and necessary action.
2) All Election Observers for General Election to Sinlung Hills Council, 2019.
3) All Returning Officers & Asst. Returning Officers for favour of information and necessary action.
4) The Superintendent of Police, Aizawl/Kolasib District for information with a request to appoint one Police Officer to assist the Returning Officer as Nodal Officer to ensure strict adherence to the above order.
5) Chairman/General Secretary i/c Election, all Political Parties within for favour of information and compliance.
State Election Commission,